Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
This is one of my absolute favorite dressings. The reason is, it is low in sugar (so I can go heavy on the dressing without fear of spiking my insulin), has good fats, and it tastes amazing.
The recipe is very simple. Has just four ingredients (kind of five). Can be made in about five minutes. I usually make 3x what is listed below and use 4 Tbsp on monk fruit. This amount usually gets me through a week of salads.
- 1 cup strawberries (I use frozen when out of season)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp monk fruit (I usually do closer to 1 1/3 Tbsp)
- Pinch of salt (this is the ingredient I usually forget)
- If using frozen strawberries, let them thaw (hour on the counter or use the microwave)
- Put all ingredients in a blender
- Blend well
- The end
I really hope you enjoy this recipe. My wife and I have our nightly salad and this is our dressing of choice.