Egg-Free Almond Butter Pancakes
- ¼ cup (12⁄3 oz.) chia seeds, crushed
- 3 tbsp pea protein powder (unflavored)
- 2 tsp ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp almond butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp coconut oil for frying
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in the almond milk, almond butter, and vanilla extract to form a thick batter.
- Heat a skillet with coconut oil on medium-high heat until the coconut oil is melted and the skillet is hot.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoons of batter into the skillet per pancake, using a spatula to smooth the batter into a pancake about 3" (7 cm) in diameter.
- Let cook on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until the edges begin to firm up. When the edges are firm, flip the pancake to the other side and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Keeping the pancakes small helps to make them easier to flip.
- Mix it up and serve your pancakes with either savory or sweet toppings.