Mahi Mahi Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
4 mahi mahi filets – about 6 ounces each
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
The juice of 1 lemon
2 cups diced fresh pineapple
¼ cup diced red onion
½ jalapeno, diced
Juice and zest of 1/4 of a lime (or to taste)
½ cup cilantro
1 clove minced garlic (leave out if you're sensitive)
¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Blend spices in a small bowl to combine.
- Pat mahi mahi filets dry with a paper towel and liberally cover the filets in the spices.
- Place a cast iron pan over medium heat and add butter and oil to the pan. Add fish in a single layer in the base of the pan.
- Cook for several minutes on each side until golden brown. Try to not move them while they are cooking. After flipping allow them to cook for another 3-4 minutes on the other side and then squeeze fresh lemon juice on top.
- Mix all ingredients and chill until you are ready to use. For better flavor, allow salsa mixture to sit for at least an hour.
Use gluten-free corn tortillas, verify that spices are gluten free and enjoy!
For extra flavor, add ripe avocado sliced and finely sliced red cabbage.