Sweet And Sticky Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 450°F (225°C).
- Place the wings, with the thicker skin side up, on a rimmed baking sheet fitted with a wire rack. (The wire rack helps promote even cooking).
- Bake the wings for 35 minutes.
- When the wings have about 12 minutes left to bake, start making the sauce.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat, and add the coconut aminos, soy sauce, and seasoning.
- Once the sauce comes to a simmer, begin stirring. Continue to stir periodically, adjusting the heat as needed to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Once the sauce has thickened slightly (pull the spoon through the sauce and it should take a few seconds for the "trail" to fill) you can turn off the heat while the wings finish cooking.
- Place the wings in a large heatproof bowl and pour the sauce over them. Stir to coat evenly and serve with plenty of napkins.
Tamari is soy-sauce-like product which is a by-product of miso. It’s typically made with only soybeans, without wheat, making it a great gluten-free option.