This Thanksgiving, we’d love to tell you about Vitamin G – Vitamin Gratitude. This is a free vitamin that can change the way that you look at the world. We have loved seeing the things that you, our Practice Members, are grateful for on our Fall Wall. Family, Friends, Bald Chiropractors and Cable . Sure, that last one may have been a great inside family joke, but it is the smaller things in life that bring us great joy when we stop and be grateful for them.
So…What am I grateful for?
For me, I am incredibly grateful for clean water, my amazing family, and the ability to live somewhere where we are free. These examples are very broad and generic (but very important to be grateful for), but if I were to really dive into my day, there’s enormous amount of joy in the little things. Like Progress Assessments when I hear about a practice member who went from having headaches every day to only having headaches twice a week! There’s joy in seeing every practice member enter our doors, as they are more like friends than practice members. We are truly grateful for the relationships that we have made along the way.
What else is there?
There’s joy in my computer and amazement in all it can do. Can you imagine having to write on a typewriter? Without autocorrect? What if we turn that gratitude within? Gratitude for your body and its healing ability. Gratitude for your health. Gratitude for your amazing personality.
LET’S DO IT.
So, here’s your call to action – how would it affect your day if you started it by listing 3 things you’re grateful for? Just three – it can be anything from oxygen to hugs. Let’s do this together and see how it changes our perceptions and how we do with a good dose of Vitamin G each day.
From Dr. Coty
I’m going to share an exercise that I learned about in the book “The Success Principles” by Jack Canfield. It is simple, but effective.
- Pick one thing to be grateful for
- Be grateful for everything that was required for it to happen
Seems pretty simple, right? That’s easy!
Ha! I promise that by the time you get done, it will provide you with a greater perspective and feeling more grateful for the small things in life. Let’s do (part) of an example together.
It is Thanksgiving, so let’s be thankful for something iconic: Turkey (even though no one seems to like it). Here is a short, incomplete list of things that allowed it to happen that we should be grateful for.
- Thankful for the turkey
- Thankful for the cook
(now it is about to get real)
- Thankful for the farmers who raised the turkey
- Thankful for the butchers/factory and their workers
- Thankful for the packaging company and those who work there
- Thankful for the transportation company who organized all the routes
- Thankful for the driver of the vehicle that transported it
- Thankful for the millions of hours of other people’s lives that engineered the vehicle that allowed it to be transported
- Thankful for the people who laid the road that allowed the transportation to take place
- Thankful for the grocery store that I bought it from
- Thankful for the workers who put it on the shelf
- Thankful for the cashier that allowed us to pay for the turkey
- Thankful for the refrigerator that keeps it from going bad until the time to prepare it
- Thankful for electricity that allows the refrigerator to run
- Etc, etc, etc.
I love this exercise because as I start I really start to be more appreciative of all the “small” things in our life that we often take for granted. When we REALLY think about it, they aren’t small things, but enormous things that took a lot of other people and their time to make them “small” things.
What could I have added to this list? Leave your thoughts in the comments or even leave a list of your own.
Artificial intelligence creates content for the site, no worse than a copywriter, you can also use it to write articles. 100% uniqueness, scheduled posting to your WordPress :). Click Here:👉 https://stanford.io/3FXszd0
Create super-engaging Instagram captions with this AI powered Instagram caption generator. This free AI powered Instagram caption generator will create the perfect caption for your photo and help you get more likes, followers and comments. Click Here:👉 https://stanford.io/3Fmnnxo
Comments are closed.