Shoulder Pain in St. Louis
Seek Relief for Persistent Shoulder Pain
Understanding the Anatomy of Shoulder Pain
Before we delve into the solutions offered by chiropractic care, let’s gain a better understanding of what shoulder pain entails. The shoulder is a complex and highly mobile joint in the human body. This remarkable joint comprises the humerus (upper arm bone), the clavicle (collarbone), and the scapula (shoulder blade), along with various muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Its wide range of motion allows for activities such as lifting, throwing, and reaching.
Shoulder pain can result from a multitude of factors and conditions, including arthritis, sports injuries, poor posture, and repetitive use. While the pain may not always manifest as discomfort when you touch the area, it can become excruciatingly uncomfortable when you move your shoulder or attempt to lift heavy objects.
The Underlying Causes of Shoulder Pain
Understanding what causes shoulder pain is crucial in addressing the condition effectively. The causes can be multifaceted and vary from person to person. However, some common factors contribute to the development of shoulder pain:
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is perhaps the most common cause of shoulder problems. It results from damage to the tendons and muscles that connect your arm to your chest. This damage can be caused by overuse, sudden injuries, or wear and tear over time, leading to pain and limited range of motion.
- Tennis Elbow: Also known as lateral epicondylitis, tennis elbow often occurs due to overuse or repetitive movements of the arms at a specific angle. It can also develop if you have arthritis in your elbow joint.
- Dislocated Shoulder: A dislocated shoulder typically happens when one or more of the bones in your upper arm move out of their normal position. This displacement often results from an impact on the bone, such as during sports or exercise.
- Poor Posture: Individuals with rounded shoulders and forward head posture are more prone to developing shoulder problems. Poor posture can place excess strain on the muscles and ligaments supporting the shoulder joint, leading to discomfort.
The Benefits of Shoulder Pain Treatment
Shoulder pain can significantly impact your quality of life, affecting your ability to perform everyday tasks, work comfortably, and enjoy recreational activities. Seeking treatment for shoulder pain can offer a wide range of benefits, including:
Relief from Pain in the “Traps”
Addressing discomfort in the trapezius muscles.
Restoration of Pain-Free Shoulder Movement
Reclaiming your ability to move your shoulder without pain.
Correction of Hunched Shoulder Posture
Improving your posture and reducing stress on your shoulder.
Balancing Uneven Shoulder Levels
Ensuring both shoulders are at the same level.
Alleviating Flaring of the Shoulder Blade
Correcting issues related to the positioning of the shoulder blade.
By addressing these symptoms, chiropractic care aims to enhance your overall well-being, allowing you to engage in daily activities without the burden of persistent shoulder pain.
How a Chiropractor Can Help Shoulder Pain
Chiropractic care provides a non-invasive and holistic approach to managing and alleviating shoulder pain. The key to effective chiropractic treatment is to address the root causes of your shoulder discomfort rather than simply masking the symptoms. Here’s how our chiropractors can help:
Our chiropractors will perform gentle and precise adjustments to the spine and shoulder joint. These adjustments aim to:
- Reduce Inflammation: By targeting the shoulder joint and alleviating pain and discomfort.
- Improve Range of Motion: Enhancing mobility in the shoulder joint.
- Reduce Stress: Ensuring proper alignment, which reduces the strain on muscles.
In conjunction with chiropractic adjustments, physical therapy plays a pivotal role in managing shoulder pain. It focuses on strengthening the muscles around the shoulder joint, providing support and stability. Physical therapy can include specific exercises and stretches that are tailored to your condition, gradually improving your shoulder’s strength and mobility.
Lifestyle and Ergonomic Changes
Our chiropractors will provide guidance on lifestyle modifications, including posture correction and ergonomic adjustments. These changes can help prevent future episodes of shoulder pain and discomfort.
The Importance of Early Treatment
When you experience shoulder pain, seeking prompt treatment is essential. Delaying treatment may lead to further complications, increased discomfort, and prolonged recovery times. Chiropractic care for shoulder pain is non-invasive, offering an effective and gentle approach to alleviate pain and improve function.
Your Path to Shoulder Pain Relief
In summary, if you’re dealing with the discomfort of shoulder pain, there’s no need to let it limit your daily life. Seek help from Adjusted Life Chiropractic to alleviate pain, improve your range of motion, and regain your quality of life.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment and take the first step toward shoulder pain relief. Your pain-free life is within reach. Our experienced team is ready to help you get back to living your life to the fullest without the burden of shoulder pain. Don’t wait; take action today and let us guide you on your journey to shoulder pain relief and improved well-being.
RELATED SERVICES & CONDITIONS
Reach out to us for any questions you might have!